Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Rematch

The Russians and Czechs started off this Olympic Super Sunday in the best way we could have hoped for. Great goals, big hits, and a guest appearance by the Malkin parents? What more could I ask for?

... Team Canada playing the Americans. Get out your lucky loonies, kids, it's going to be a good one.
Repeat of this, please. 
(Photo yoinked from CBC)

We're out to get you, Team USA. I don't care how good all of these guys are in the NHL. I don't care that in real life Joe Pavelski's a nice guy and as a Vancouver Canuck, Ryan Kesler kicks ass. (I was actually quite disappointed to find out he was American.)

It's going to be a big game, and people are expecting big things from an eager Canadian squad, especially with the addition of Mike Richards to the Rick Nash-Sidney Crosby duo, or as they shall henceforth be known, the Baby Captain Line. (Jonathan Toews is itching to get in on that action.)

It's going to be a big game, and I'm guessing a pretty physical one, so I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're a spambot, I'm just going to stop you right now. Your message will be deleted, so don't even bother, okay? Okay.