Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Just when you thought it was safe to go back on the ice...

I signed into Facebook and saw a (Facebook) friend's status update: "when it rains it pours." At first I brushed it off as some random outburst of suburban frustration, until I heard the news. The terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad news.
photo yoinked from canadiens.com between two fits of rage

We'll be without my favourite Hab for a while. Andrei Markov has undergone surgery for the ACL that Matt Cooke ruined in Game 1 of the Pittsburgh series, and he'll be out for an estimated six months. (Yes, that bites into next season.) We can all assume that it'll have a detrimental effect on the rest of the season for the Canadiens, and to make things worse, if the 6-month recovery period is accurate, we'll have to deal with his absence through the offseason and into next season (the last on his current contract, I believe).

I totally just jinxed everything, didn't I.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're a spambot, I'm just going to stop you right now. Your message will be deleted, so don't even bother, okay? Okay.