Saturday, November 7, 2009

Bulldogs hit the Bell Centre...

... they didn't win, but I'll survive.
(I most certainly did not boo them, as some people did, but it goes without saying that some sports fans have severe issues.)

What can I tell you about the game?
When I saw the Bulldogs play in Hamilton last year, I got to Copps Coliseum right before the game started and was able to get 6 seats together in the twelfth row, and I had 2-for-1 coupons so the tickets cost something like $14. Last night there were scalpers selling tickets outside the Bell Centre. It wasn't filled to capacity, so I don't understand it either.
At the time, it had only been a couple of weeks after the Kostitsyn brothers were plagued by scandal and Sergei was sent to the Dogs. Seeing an NHL player that I'd previously only seen from the Molson Ex Zone, now from the twelfth row, was completely unreal. Last night, I got to sit in the fifth row. I've never been that close to the action for anything and I'll probably never get the chance to sit there again, but it was amazing. I don't want to go back to the blues! I can barely even tell you what happened because the excitement of seeing the players better with my own eyes than on the jumbotron was a little too overwhelming. I can tell you for sure that it's completely unbelievable to see the puck hit the back of the net with your own two eyes, and while seeing a few more goals would have been amazing, fan favourite P.K. Subban worked out a pretty nice one. (So far I haven't heard any truth to the rumours that he'd be playing with the big boys sometime this week, probably because now the Habs have Jay Leach... and hey, the last guy we got from Jersey has worked out pretty well.)

Here are a few pictures, because most of mine turned out blurry:




No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're a spambot, I'm just going to stop you right now. Your message will be deleted, so don't even bother, okay? Okay.