Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Mask

If you haven't seen it yet, go on over to Habs Inside/Out for a look at Carey Price's new mask. A new mask is great news for anyone who wasn't a fan of his old cowboy-themed ones (which I didn't mind, because it's part of the package when you've got a cowboy goalie).

We'd been promised an "edgier" look for this season and, um, we got it?
The mask is primarily red, with a Ghost Rider-style Grim Reaper riding a motorcycle adorning the side. It's also got some flaming ace of spades cards, a Habs logo, and a tribute to Olaf Kolzig's charity on it.
There's definitely got some detailed airbrush work on it, and I really dig the look of the chrome on red and the "net" effect over the CH.
...And I think I'll leave some other stuff unsaid while I get ready to cheer for Carey this season, no matter what the mask looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're a spambot, I'm just going to stop you right now. Your message will be deleted, so don't even bother, okay? Okay.