Monday, June 28, 2010

Who's staying on board

...because I made a boat analogy

Three days before losing them to free agency (I think), Pierre Gauthier has secured two of our young forwards for another season.

Benoit Pouliot's contract reportedly costs about $1.37 million. That's a small bite out of the remaining cap space. If he can keep up the great scoring mojo he had during the regular season, and avoid growing another aesthetically amusing bad-luck mustache, it'll be a good year. If he gets injured again or performs like he did in the playoffs, well, it'll be the second time in 2010 that people are angry with the letters BP.

A year of Tom Pyatt costs half a million dollars. I guess we'll have to see how he performs in what could be his first full NHL season, but this is looking like a pretty good bargain for the team. I'm betting Pierre Gauthier feels like I do after a day of outlet shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're a spambot, I'm just going to stop you right now. Your message will be deleted, so don't even bother, okay? Okay.