It would appear that a power outage prevented the Canadiens from skating at practice today. Or did it?
(The conspiracy theorist in me tends to come out when I'm annoyed, and I could have made plans yesterday but I decided to put hockey in those plans. And then it was 4-0.)
- Maybe an Arrested Development fan turned off the lights just to quote "Young or old, it doesn't matter... in the dark." (Any teammates that have never watched AD were probably a little freaked out.)
- Maybe they were practicing for some kind of team-building Halloween haunted house activity. (I hope it involves the Thriller dance!)
- Maybe they were trying some type of séance or something, since they got beat by the Devils.
- Maybe they wanted to see if they'd still be world-class athletes in the dark, but then chickened out.
- Maybe it was movie time.
- Maybe they turned off the lights and shouted insults at each other, in a bid to have thicker skin should some kind of Rick Rypien situation occur. (Being in the dark makes it harder to grab the guy who yelled at you.)
- Maybe it was the ultimate test for Mike Cammalleri to prove, once and for all, whether or not he is a Jedi.
I guess we'll find out tomorrow. Hopefully our team won't, ahem, leave us in the dark.