As you may already know, I'm both a churchgoer and kind of a Jets fan, so allow me to run some defense for my new QB.
Top 5 Reasons Why It's Ridiculously Wrong (and just plain ridiculous) To Put A Price On Tim Tebow's Virginity
1. It's disrespectful. Some people don't understand Tebow's point of view or his religious beliefs. Whatever. They're his. If ever he offers one of his teammates $1 million to never have sex again, then we'll call it even. But for now, I'm just calling it rude. People should be allowed to sleep with whoever they want (exception: cheating) - and if for Tim Tebow, that's nobody right now, then we should all respect that.
2. It's an invasion of privacy. Not only should people be allowed to choose who they sleep with, but they can choose to be discreet about it if they want to. What this website is doing screams Middle Ages, and yet displays the kind of tackiness that we've only come to expect from the TMZ era.
3. It's immature. Seriously. What is this, an American Pie movie?
4. One million dollars could be better spent. The fact that a site for cheaters has $1 million to throw around on something this stupid makes me hate everything. That being said, imagine what $1 million can do. It can send underprivileged kids to school. It would be a huge help in disaster relief. It could help pay legal fees for people who want divorces from the douchebag spouses who cheated on them. It could pay for repairs, if an angry wife or girlfriend goes all Carrie Underwood on her man's car. But no. It's just the reward for taking Tim Tebow's virginity, because apparently his idea of fun is different from someone else's, and they're not cool with that.
5. "Sleep with this man and we'll give you a million dollars." You're giving someone money in exchange for sex. I'm pretty sure that the word for that is "prostitution."
Thank you to Aerys Sports for the scoop.