Wednesday, April 27, 2011

There goes the season.

I almost can't talk about it.

The good news is that I'll probably spend less time at the pubs. I'll probably eat better. Hell, I'll probably have a normal appetite again. Maybe have heartburn a little less often. Fewer stress headaches. I might stop biting my nails - they were a whole lot longer when the playoffs started. I can finally stop chewing on my bottom lip. My non-hockey friends won't have the inconvenience of watching hockey with me. I can attempt to catch up on my TV, and maybe go to the movies. (Sidenote: does anyone remember the last movie I saw in theatres?) I'll have a little more time to watch the NBA playoffs. Eventually I'll spend a bit less time nervously checking Twitter and wondering which Habs are going to be scratched for tonight's game.

But I'd rather be away from home, malnourished, nails chewed up, attention span questionable, DVR full of unwatched goodness, than be without my Habs.

I'm not saying the Canadiens should have won the Stanley Cup, but it shouldn't have ended this way. A huge season, followed by a thrilling seven-game series, came down to one goal. One puck. And then it was over.

I'm proud of my Habs regardless. They showed the kind of tenacity and dedication that we should all hope to have in our personal and professional lives, and I wasn't ready for their season to end, but that's because it was such a good season.

3 comments:

  1. :( I actually feel sad/tired enough to cry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly. Even if they didn't win the Cup, I'm having a lot of difficulty accepting that it ended this way. =(

    http://twitter.com/cokeaddict

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup.

    Thanks for the comments, you two. I think that's how everyone was feeling.

    ReplyDelete

If you're a spambot, I'm just going to stop you right now. Your message will be deleted, so don't even bother, okay? Okay.