Sunday, May 12, 2013

An Open Letter to Mindy Kaling

Dear Mindy:

First of all, I want to say that I really liked the first season of The Mindy Project. It's like, an extension of your book, you know? But not really, because it's fictionalized and stuff, and there are no secret jabs at that girl from 30 Rock... unless, is that what that whole subplot in the Thanksgiving episode was about? Anyway, not important, because you know I'm on Team Mindy, and not Team Random Blonde Girl (even though it totally sucks that she's nice!)

So far, a bunch of my favourite things about your book have shown up on The Mindy Project, like how much you love romantic comedies and how hilarious you are and the whole "plus-size" debate and the whole men vs. boys debate. I loved the random athlete cameos (even though it seems like the show may finally have closed the book on Josh, so that's probably over now.) I look forward to the episode that makes fun of guys for taking so long to put on their shoes (seriously, though what is up with that?). Also, I'd like to thank you profusely for putting Chris Messina on my television every week, for reasons that I don't need to elaborate on. (But since you asked: It's because I have like this illness where the only symptom is that I just really really want to marry Chris Messina. It's very serious and there is no cure. I was almost hospitalized during the triathlon episode. Regardless of that fact, it will never be deleted from my DVR probably ever, not even after they invent something to replace the DVR, which would be crazy, right?)

I'm writing you this letter because I need to apologize to you. Something really bad happened, and I feel awful about it, and I haven't really been able to talk about it. 
I had taken the dust jacket off of my copy of Is Everybody Hanging Out Without Me? because it was easier to carry around in my purse that way, but it also makes it harder to recognize when it's just lying on a table or something. A couple of weeks ago, there was this really gross spider in my room and I grabbed the closest expendable book to squish it. I really really thought that it was this crappy book I wasted $2 on called A Smart Girl's Guide to Sports, which is actually for dumb girls and talks more about hardwood floors than it does about basketball, but then after I had defeated the scariest spider ever, I realized that it wasn't. I'm really, really sorry for accidentally smearing your book with the remains of a spider. I'm just gonna keep the dust jacket on it from now on.

Do you think you'll be able to forgive me, and also maybe say hi to Chris Messina for me?

Best,
Rookie

PS: I know Season 1 isn't over yet but I can't wait to see Season 2.

1 comment:

  1. Two things I forgot to mention that I love about this show: the consistency of cold opens and the guest stars (random cameos by pro athletes!)

    ReplyDelete

If you're a spambot, I'm just going to stop you right now. Your message will be deleted, so don't even bother, okay? Okay.